There is just something special about opening that new box for the first time. Whether it be a present for a special occasion such as a birthday or at Christmas. Or just opening a new piece of technology for the first time.
But some people take this experience too far, they get to the line in the stand between alright and too far and jump it with all they can, the result: Unboxing video’s on YouTube. We are those sort of people. So here we are, the very first (of hopefully many) YouTube videos.
This video was shot on my iPhone 4S (so that you can experience EXTREME close up product shots. There was no holding back in this video, everything is exposed!)
The product in question is the Brother MFC-J6710DW. It set us (well the client) back around $360AUD, but can be found for under $300AUD if you shop around.
Here is a break down of the main features according to Brother:
- Up to 11″ x 17″ Scan Glass. To easily scan large documents in one pass.
- Up to 11″ x 17″ Duplex (2-Sided) Printing. For creating professional, high impact, two-sided documents.‡ Also saves paper.
- Built-in Wireless & Wired Interfaces. Easy to setup wireless (802.11 b/g/n) or wired Ethernet networking.
- 3.3″ Widescreen Color LCD Display. Easily navigate through menus and preview faxes
- Dual paper trays (up to 250 sheets each) for total capacity of 500 sheets
- Uses Super High Yield (XXL Series) Replacement Ink Cartridges. Save More, Print More with Super High Yield Ink Cartridges. LC79 XXL Series replacement ink cartridges provide approximately 2,400 pages (black) and 1,200 pages (color)‡. Our efficient 4-cartridge system means that you only change the cartridge that needs to be replaced‡.
- Fast Print Speeds. With speeds up to 35 ppm black and 27 ppm color (Fast Mode).‡ Up to 12 ppm black and 10 ppm color (ISO/IEC 24734).‡
- 35-page Auto Document Feeder. For unattended fax, scan or copy using the up to 35-sheet ADF.
- 3-Year Limited Warranty. Provides assurance and reliability.
- Powerful scanning software. Allows for scanning directly to your media cards.‡
- Single sheet bypass tray. Allows convenient, straight-through, single sheet feeding for up to 11″ x 17″ paper, envelopes or thicker media.
- ENERGY STAR® Qualified
- Print, copy, scan and fax up to 11″ x 17″ (ledger size) for high impact business documents.
- Brother™ iPrint&Scan. Free app download for wireless printing (JPEG, PDF & web page) from and scanning to your Apple® Android™ or Windows® Phone 7 (JPEG only and scanning not available) mobile device‡.